Interesting in joining our team? See below for our current list of openings or email us at email@example.com to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit.
Experienced Medicinal Chemist/Drug Hunter (Principal Scientist to Director)
Kymera is pioneering a transformative approach to drug discovery and development, advancing the field of protein degradation to develop breakthrough therapeutics for difficult-to-treat diseases. Kymera’s novel proprietary integrated drug discovery platform is aimed at fully capitalizing on the exciting new therapeutics modality of targeted protein degradation. Our insights-driven platform allows for specific identification of disease-causing protein targets and E-3 ligase pairs, driving the design of novel protein degraders and efficient advancement of clinical programs.
- Drive novel drug discovery projects from early discovery stage to clinical candidate
- Mentor junior team members, contribute to drug discovery strategies
- Drive state-of-the-art multi-parameter medicinal chemistry optimization with creativity, innovation, in-depth analysis of data, and existing literature information
- Contribute in a very impactful manner to compound design and synthetic route identification for all portfolio projects
- Holistic approach to hit/lead finding including use of structure-based drug design and fragment-based drug discovery
- Effective leadership and management of CRO chemistry teams through excellent synthetic and medical chemistry skills with clear and open communication
The candidate should have significant project-leading experience and a track record of medicinal chemistry accomplishments resulting in high impact on drug discovery programs and/or generation of high-quality development candidates. The candidate should also be a master of the knowledge of key molecular recognition, ADME, biochemical, pharmacological and safety principles and have the ability to apply this knowledge to the design of new molecular entities. Excellent synthetic organic chemistry skills and creativity are required. Experience of managing CRO chemistry teams is highly desired.
Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in organic chemistry with >7 years of experience as a medicinal chemist/project/group leader in the pharmaceutical industry.
Computational Drug Discovery Scientist (Principal Scientist to Senior Director)
We are seeking an enthusiastic computational drug discovery scientist to join Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The company is advancing the field of targeted protein degradation, accessing the body’s innate protein recycling machinery to degrade rather than inhibit dysregulated, disease-causing proteins. Powered by a proprietary predictive modeling capability and a game-changing integrated degradation platform, Kymera is accelerating drug discovery with an unmatched ability to target and degrade the most intractable of proteins, and advance new treatment options for patients.
- As part of the Drug Discovery Leadership Team contribute to creative new strategies to advance new technologies and modalities to drugging traditionally intractable targets.
- In close collaboration with medicinal chemists and project teams, apply a wide variety of drug- design and computational chemistry methods to hit finding campaigns including virtual screens, scaffold hopping, etc.
- In close collaboration with medicinal chemists and project teams, apply a wide variety of drug- design and computational chemistry methods to improve potency, selectivity, and ADME properties while minimizing toxicological risk.
- Enhance our understanding of SAR and influence team strategy by assimilating and interpreting data using modeling and data-mining technologies.
- Apply and develop new approaches for designing bioactive-relevant features using machine- learning, scoring functions, and multiple endpoint optimization methods.
- Maintain and develop working knowledge of contemporary computational chemistry methods and their use in ligand design and data analysis as applied to drug design projects.
Broad experiences in all aspects of modern computational chemistry (including chemo informatics, conformational analysis, scaffold-morphing, structure/ligand/fragment-based design, virtual screens, etc.) with a demonstrated track record of success in the application of these techniques to drug discovery programs, as evidenced by patents and publications. Strong understanding of all aspects of modern drug discovery including medicinal chemistry, multi-parameter optimization, DMPK principles, etc.
- Ability to independently solve problems, to think critically and creatively as part of a fast- paced research team.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills. – Attention to detail, commitment to quality and a team player mentality is a must. Experience with MOE/Schrodinger, and Dotmatics products is a plus.
- PhD, or equivalent, in the field of chemistry or computational chemistry with >6 years of experience working in small-molecule drug discovery teams in a pharma or biotech setting.
In Vivo Pharmacology: Principal Scientist to Director
Unique opportunity to positively impact projects in the pipeline at Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The company is advancing the field of targeted protein degradation, accessing the body’s innate protein recycling machinery to degrade rather than inhibit dysregulated, disease-causing proteins. We seek an experienced in vivo pharmacologist to join our Kymera team, that is accelerating drug discovery with an unmatched ability to target and degrade the most intractable of proteins, and advance new treatment options for patients.
- Design, direct, execute, and analyzein vivostudies to profile compound for proof of mechanism and proof of concept.
- Choose the right mechanistic or disease models appropriate for the target and the biology
- Integrate data and information from those studies to provide a detailed understanding of the pharmacology of the compounds and to be enable understanding of in vitro-in vivo correlations
- Perform PK-PD modeling to help inform on human dosing
- Be the in vivo expert and contribute scientifically and technically to the strategy and tactics of multiple projects in the pipeline
- Identify, initiate, and manage productive collaborations with CROs and academic labs
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data from external resources
- Work effectively with other disciplines, including cell biology, DMPK, and safety/tox to collectively build the preclinical data package for clinical candidate nomination
- Lead a project from early discovery to development candidate
- Participate in evaluation of targets and projects to continually refresh the drug discovery pipeline and progress the platform
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture
Qualifications: the ideal candidate will have
- A track record in designing and executing cost-effective in vivo studies to answer key questions
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to drive go/no go decisions
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with acute and chronic in vivo models of oncology, immuno-oncology, or autoimmunity
- Experience in progressing molecule through preclinical studies to IND
- Ability to model PK-PD using programs such as WinNonLin
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively manage CROs and to facilitate interactions with academic labs and companies to ensure project progression
- Self-motivation and flexibility to adapt workplans quickly to changing priorities and deadlines
- PhD in pharmacology or biology, with 6+ years’ experience beyond postdoctoral work, maintained bench presence a plus
- Desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth
Unique opportunity to contribute to science and culture of Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The company is advancing the field of targeted protein degradation, accessing the body’s innate protein recycling machinery to degrade rather than inhibit dysregulated, disease-causing proteins.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated formulation scientist. This position will lead internal and external activities related to formulation development for research and development projects. The successful candidate will be actively involved in research project and developing formulation for preclinical and clinical studies. The ability to work effectively in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment is essential to this role with the expectation that this scientist will interact with all disciplines of drug development, including discovery, pre-clinical, clinical, pre-formulation, analytical R&D, and regulatory. Experience working directly on small molecule agents and previous involvement with contributing to the filing of one or more INDs is required.
- A key member of the preclinical development team, lead efforts to design formulation strategy and develop formulations for toxicology and clinical studies
- Identify collaborators, CROs, and state-of-the-art new technologies to enable Kymera pipeline
- Responsible to the technical and regulatory aspects of formulation development
- Manage interactions with external CROs to ensure high quality and on-time execution
- Communicate programs internally and externally
- Author scientific manuscripts and regulatory documents
- The position requires a Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutics, Physical Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, or Pharmaceutical sciences with at least 3-5 years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience. A candidate with a Master degree in a relevant field and extensive industrial experience will be also considered.
- In-depth understanding of preformulation, formulation, biopharmaceutics principles required to get a drug from discovery through clinical development is desirable.
- Experience in innovative approaches to solving formulations challenges and formulation technologies to improve solubility and bioavailability of poorly water-soluble drug is preferred.
- Industrial experience in oral, parenteral, or others dosage form development
- Strong scientific expertise, demonstrated by published scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals, society participation, regulatory filings and patents. Proficient in using computer to write and review technical reports and scientific judgment in data evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking, and organization skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced organization with diverse project teams and personnel.
- Knowledge in pharmaceutical product development, CMC regulatory requirements, project management; and capability to collaborate with colleagues.