Senior Scientist, Biology
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for driving biology activities from the bench. Main responsibilities involve development of cellular assays for target ID/validation, MOA studies, cellular assays to drive the hit-to-lead/lead-optimization process and to advance the discovery of novel small molecule drug candidates. Technical experience in immunoblotting, flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, CRIPSR/sh-siRNA and ELISA-type assays from human and animal primary cells and cultured cell lines will be required. The scientist will direct and prioritize efforts at contract research organizations and in Kymera’s labs as needed to address key questions and drive progression within aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in independently leading biology aspects of small molecule drug discovery programs from early Discovery through Development Candidate stage.
- Track record of bringing scientific rigor and understanding of the underlying biology to enable an integrated analysis of data across multiple disciplines (biochemical, cellular and in vivo) and driving to clear and timely decisions.
- Expertise in the subject area of Oncology or Inflammation would be a plus.
- Highly proficient with cell biology techniques such as mammalian cell cultures, immunoblotting, quantitative RT-PCR, ELISA and cell viability assays.
- Strong molecular biology skills including hands-on experience in genetic knockdown methods and editing of endogenous gene loci across different cell types.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new techniques, troubleshoot assays, and independently analyze and interpret experimental data to recommend next steps.
- Able to lead productive discussions with internal and external colleagues at all levels and across disciplines, rapidly adapt to changing project priorities and conduct multiple project and laboratory tasks efficiently.
- Attention to detail and proven track record in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making.
- Able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment and demonstrated ability to drive to outcomes in a dynamic small company environment
Ph.D. with 4+ years of relevant drug discovery experience in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related disciplines. Candidates with MS/BS with >10 years of experience and a strong and demonstrable track record of working independently and driving to results will also be considered.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.