Scientist to Senior Scientist, Proteomics
Unique opportunity to positively impact projects in the pipeline at Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The company is advancing the field of targeted protein degradation, accessing the body’s innate protein recycling machinery to degrade rather than inhibit dysregulated, disease-causing proteins.
We are seeking an experienced proteomics scientist to join our team, that is accelerating drug discovery with an unmatched ability to target and degrade the most intractable of proteins, and advance new treatment options for patients.
- Optimize and develop sample preparation and mass spectrometry methods for analysis of deep proteomes and post-translational modifications using multiple quantitative proteomic approaches.
- Maintenance, QC and troubleshooting instruments including HPLCs and mass spectrometers. Contribute to establishment of robust workflow of LC-MS-based proteomics and quantitative data analysis
- Prepare samples from tissues, cells, and biofluids
- Documentation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of experimental data in a clear and concise manner
- Stay up-to-date on proteomics methods and technologies
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to ensure high quality proteomics data is generated for the progression of drug discovery projects
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture
- Self-motivation and time management to efficiently conduct multiple laboratory and project tasks efficiently
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate attention to detail and record keeping
- Flexibility to rapidly adapt workplans to changing priorities and deadlines
Education and Experience:
- PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, chemical biology or related discipline, with 5+ years’ quantitative mass spectrometry-based proteomics experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in proteomics is required including
- Maintaining and troubleshooting HPLCs and mass spectrometers
- Developing methods and performing nano LC-MS/MS experiments using QE or Lumos mass spectrometers
- Experience in multi-dimensional LC fractionation
- Demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot, analyze, and interpret proteomics data with attention to detail, to recommend and execute next steps
- High level of proficiency in a variety of quantitative proteomics techniques -TMT, SILAC, label-free quantification approaches and peptide fragmentation methods
- Experience with PTM analysis (phosphorylation and ubiquitination), protein interaction analysis, and targeted proteomics a plus
- Extensive experience in protein isolation from complex biological samples including cells, tissue and biofluids and affinity enrichment to selectively enrich subproteomes
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques a plus
- Experience with automation and liquid handling systems a plus
- Expertise in analysis of LC-MS/MS data using public and commercially available software
- Experience with downstream statistical and bioinformatics analysis is a plus
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.