Scientist to Principal Scientist, Platform Biology
We are seeking a highly talented cell biologist to join the Platform Biology group at Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The candidate for this position will be responsible for developing and performing cell based-assays to interrogate the mechanism of targeted protein degradation, as well as contribute to E3 ligase biology and hit finding. Technical expertise in molecular biology and cellular mechanistic assays for profiling small molecules will be required for this role. The scientist will also direct efforts at contract research organizations to drive project progression.
- Extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology and cell-based assay development, such as NanoBRET, HiBiT and HaloTag technologies. Experience in measuring UPS kinetics is a plus
- Technical experience in immunoblotting, qRT-PCR, CRISPR/sh-siRNA and ELISA-type assays from human and animal primary cells and cultured cell lines
- General knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression in a diverse disease context. Knowledge of E3 ligase and/or UPS biology is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to implement new techniques, troubleshoot assays, and independently analyze and interpret experimental data to recommend next steps
- Attention to detail and proven track record in handling, analyzing and recording experimental data, and presenting results to project teams and external collaborators
- Able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment and demonstrated ability to drive to outcomes in a dynamic small company environment
Enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-awareness, excellent communication skills
Ph.D. with 2+ years of relevant drug discovery experience in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related disciplines. Candidates with MS/BS with >6 years of experience and a strong and demonstrable track record of working independently and driving to results will also be considered.
Email us at email@example.com to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.