Project Leader, Translational Medicine (Principal Scientist to Director)
We are seeking an experienced individual who is passionate about clinical development to join the translational medicine group at Kymera Therapeutics. This person will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary project team that is applying targeted protein degradation to previously intractable targets. The translational project team lead will define the clinical biomarker strategy and be responsible for all aspects from proof of concept to clinical implementation. The Project Leader will direct and prioritize outsourcing efforts with aggressive timelines to coincide with the clinical development strategy to advance new treatment options for patients with previously untreatable diseases.
- Serves as translational medicine expert on cross-functional project teams and develops translational medicine and biomarker strategy for one or more projects from lead optimization through IND; works with discovery team to vet potential ideas for target engagement and proof of mechanism markers
- Develops and validates clinical assays at outsourced partner laboratories using multiple assay technology platforms (e.g., cell-based assays, molecular-based assays, single or multiplexed immunoassays, flow cytometry and/or imaging technologies)
- Works with clinical development team to oversee seamless implementation of translational assays in the clinic, and to review and interpret assay data and results coming back from the clinic
- Helps review and author translational medicine-related clinical documentation, including: clinical protocols, study reports, consent forms; abstracts and/or manuscripts and regulatory documents (e.g. IND, IB etc.)
- Drives internal translational medicine initiatives to support clinical understanding and advancement of clinical stage programs working through CROs
- Presents translational medicine data packages internally and externally
- Effectively coordinates and manages external collaborations with academic partners and CROs to deliver results on time and on budget
- Monitors developing biomarker approaches and incorporate novel technologies in support of ongoing and new clinical programs
- Hands-on experience with and expert understanding of molecular and cellular techniques, such as PCR, IHC/IF, flow cytometry, NGS assays and their application in clinical trials
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret experiments and communicate experimental results
- Track record of working effectively with CROs to design and execute studies.
- Experience in validating clinical sites or central labs for implementation of clinical assays preferred
- Experience of regulatory environment supporting development of LDT and CDx assays for oncology indications a plus
Enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-aware, excellent communication skills, proven strategic and people leadership skills
- PhD with postdoc or MS with minimum 3 years of experience in cellular/molecular biology, immunology or oncology required
- 5+ years of industry experience in drug discovery and/or translational medicine required
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.