Project Leader, Oncology (Associate Director to Director)
The Project Leader, reporting to the Head of Oncology, will bring their biology and therapeutic expertise and work with peers and stakeholders across multiple disciplines to drive one or more projects through discovery and into the clinic. The biology project leader will be a mature and inspiring leader who knows how to manage risk in a small company environment. He/she will lead by example at both a strategic and direct hands-on level to identify and solve problems and drive efficient decisions.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing biology and therapeutic project leadership to multiple drug discovery programs in Kymera’s oncology pipeline, driving projects from early discovery into clinical development
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, define clear target product profile and project strategy
- Bring a rigorous and efficient science-first philosophy to enable the rapid advancement of high-quality differentiated development candidates to the clinic
- Direct and prioritize efforts at both contract research organizations and in Kymera’s labs as needed to address key questions and drive progression within aggressive timelines
- Enable program success through building external relationships to bring appropriate scientific experts to identify and solve key problems within programs
- Represent the program team in discussions with management, scientific advisors and external stakeholders
- Work with management to ensure progress to goals and flexibly manage priorities in a dynamic, scientifically rigorous small company environment
- Demonstrated experience leading small molecule drug discovery programs to IND with a track record of driving to success and making timely decisions in a dynamic and driven environment
- Expertise in the subject area of Oncology, with a track record of translating molecular understanding of disease processes into competitive clinical positioning of projects
- Highly proficient with cell biology and pharmacology with experience in integrating other disciplines, including DMPK, safety and CMC to identify and solve key issues in drug optimization
- Attention to detail and proven track record in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage discussions with a variety of audiences ranging from junior team members to Board of Directors
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate with, lead, influence and inspire team members and stakeholders, peers and more junior staff
- Willingness to “roll up their sleeves” and engage at a hands-on level to ensure that decisions are implemented and driven to results.
- Recent experience in a small company environment is strongly preferred
Enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-aware, excellent communication skills, proven strategic and people leadership skills
PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant drug discovery experience, including project leadership experience
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.