Project Leader, Immunology (Associate Director to Director)
We are seeking experienced Project Leader to join the Immunology group at Kymera Therapeutics. Kymera is advancing the field of targeted protein degradation, accessing the body’s innate protein recycling machinery to degrade rather than inhibit dysregulated, disease-causing proteins. Powered by Pegasus, a game-changing integrated degradation platform, Kymera is accelerating drug discovery to advance new treatment options for patients with previously untreatable diseases.
The Project Leader, Immunology, will be responsible for drug discovery programs applying targeted protein degradation to previously intractable targets. With chemistry leaders and a multidisciplinary team, they will define the project strategy, flowchart, implement in vitro assays and in vivo models to drive hit-to-lead/lead-optimization to identify Development Candidates. The project leader will direct and prioritize efforts at contract research organizations and in Kymera’s labs as needed to address key questions and drive progression within aggressive timelines.
- Experience leading small molecule drug discovery programs to Development Candidate stage, integrating biochemical, cellular and in vivo experiments in a non-GLP setting.
- Expertise in the subject area of Immunology and Inflammation.
- Highly proficient with cell biology techniques such as mammalian cell cultures, immunoblotting, quantitative RT-PCR, ELISA, cell viability assays etc.
- Experience with pre-clinical pharmacology and integrated safety studies.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new techniques, troubleshoot assays, and independently analyze and interpret experimental data to recommend next steps.
- Able to lead productive discussions with internal and external colleagues at all levels and across disciplines, rapidly adapt to changing project priorities and conduct multiple project and laboratory tasks efficiently.
- Attention to detail and proven track record in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making.
Discovery-oriented mindset, independent, enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-aware and possessing excellent communication skills.
PhD or MS in Immunology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years of drug discovery, including project leadership experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
Email us at email@example.com to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.