Principal Scientist to Director, Bioinformatics
We are seeking a highly talented bioinformatician to join the Platform Biology group at Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The candidate for this position will be responsible for leading Bioinformatics at Kymera, establishing core capabilities and coordinating activities across multiple functional areas. It is essential that the individual possesses a high degree of independence, can work collaboratively and is well versed in cutting edge bioinformatics technologies and data management systems.
- Collaborate closely with Platform, Biology and Translational Science groups to drive planning and implementation of infrastructure, tool development and execution of individual projects
- Build and implement a proteomics data analysis pipeline and database for differential expression and functional/pathway analyses
- Identify and acquire relevant public and third-party ‘omics data and perform integrative data analyses to generate insights and propose therapeutic hypotheses
- Work closely with Biology and Translation Sciences teams to perform integrative, pathway, and network analyses to understand disease mechanisms, determine clinical relevance and for the discovery of biomarkers
- Represent bioinformatics discipline within the project teams to provide broad support and summarize and present scientific results with clear conclusions and recommendations to impact project decisions
- Contribute to the development of innovative data management/integration solutions and develop/ customize software applications to support broad computation needs
Enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-awareness, excellent communication skills
Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, biology or a related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of experience preferred. Candidates with an M.S. degree with extensive experience (10 years or more) will be considered. Minimum two years of experience working with the data processing and analysis of large-scale biological proteomic, genomic and other ‘omics datasets.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.