Group Leader, Platform Biology (Associate Director to Director)
We are seeking a highly talented biochemist/cell biologist to join the Platform Biology group at Kymera Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering a transformative new approach to treating previously untreatable diseases. The candidate for this position will lead the In Vitro Biochemistry and Cell Biology group and will be responsible for directing efforts to interrogate the mechanism of targeted protein degradation and the identification/validation of novel E3 ligases, including hit finding and biology. The successful candidate will have a strong background in cell biology/biochemistry, ideally E3 ligase biology/biochemistry. Experience working directly on small molecules and previous involvement in cutting edge technologies.
- Significant experience with biochemical, biophysical and cell-based assays as applied to small molecule drug discovery programs. Previous experience working with targeted protein degradation assays is a plus
- Experience in target identification and validation, including CRISPR/sh-siRNA and integrated pathway analysis
- Experience with a broad array of small molecule hit finding strategies including fragment library screens, HTS and Encoded Library Technologies
- Knowledge of signaling pathways, protein homeostasis, and regulation of gene expression in a diverse disease context. Knowledge of E3 ligase and/or UPS biology is a plus
- Proven leadership, management and mentorship experience and a track record of delivering on goals
- Experience managing external collaborations and driving efforts at contract research organizations to drive project progression
- Attention to detail and proven track record in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making
- Capability of working within a dynamic matrix environment, with contribution to project strategies and progression
Enthusiastic, goal-driven, collaborative and team-oriented, open-minded, creative, self-awareness, excellent communication skills.
Ph.D. with a minimum of 8+ years of relevant drug discovery experience in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related disciplines.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.